Saturday, October 07, 2006

A land of screaming planes...

Here's my new personal blog. I'll start by transferring some of my favorite posts from an old blog which has been heavily spammed...


A guy I knew at Sydney Uni in 1989 wrote a poem that is still as relevant as ever. I can still remember some of it. With apologies to Dorothea Mackellar:

I luv a sunburnt country
A land of screaming planes
that roar above us daily
cuz the planners have no brains
I luv her choked horizons
the toxins in her sea
I luv this little country
it's a slice of anarchy.

- Mike Carlton (not the journo) c. 1989, in Honi Soit.

(G'day Mike - drop a line if you read this.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.