Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Help me choose a name

Okay, Chris Watkins' blog is boring and Watching & thinking isn't all that exciting... I need a name for this collection of observations... suggestions welcome.

It could be an Indonesian word...
  • Maybe Melamun (Indonesian for "daydream").
  • Kutu buku (book louse)
  • Daya - I like that word. It's Indonesian for power (as in memberdayakan, empower). And it's similar to Dayaa (if I've got it right), which is Hindi for mercy.
...but I'd probably prefer an English title (i.e. one that actually means something for the readers).

3 comments:

Curt Beckmann said...

Man, you're prolific! Three posts just yesterday!

As for a name, I like a mix of Indonesian and English. Says a lot. I kind of like "kutu buku", and thought about "kutu bloggu" or maybe "kutu beaucoup", but that's probably trying too hard. Sloppy Americans (like me, sometimes) will occasionally pronounce "beaucoup" as "boo-koo", which I assume would be the same as buku... but in the end it's not English and just too cutesy. I'll keep thinking...

Chris Watkins said...

hmmm... I'm a bit obsessive about my language pronunciation - other people's sloppiness doesn't bother me greatly, but I like to get it right. I think the "oo" in "boo-koo" is a diphthong rather than a single vowel. Indonesian tends to use more pure vowels - the pronunciation is a lot like Italian...

For a mix of Indo & English, there's always the words that are almost the same in both...

I kind of like the "watching and thinking" idea so I'm thinking about that...

Curt Beckmann said...

Actually, I really have gotten to like "Watching & thinking" as a title, in a very short time. I guess there is nothing to fix. :-)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.